And Let Me Introduce....


When I found out I was going to be playing the host for our game show, Scrutiny, I was very excited. Making it even better was the fact that I would be joined by my co-host Sherry played by my friend Amani Bethea. I was  glad to be assuming this role in a style much like a slightly sinister Dick Clark. Within days I began researching famous TV Game Show moments, and hosts to find how one sculpts the show into an entertaining evening. I see my character as a seasoned host who omnisciently commands the contestants with stern and sometimes purposefully unclear directions. During this episode I’m pleased to announce some new games to challenge the unsuspecting teenage guests on the show. Being one of the few characters with a mic you’ll be sure to hear the clearly games and their rules (plus some shrewd commentary here and there.)

This role gives me a unique chance to show some real theatrical presentation towards the audience. The contestants and the bulk of our characters are staying inside the fourth wall, meaning they act as if the audience isn’t there. As the host I need to play for the audience and keep each viewer engaged in the show.

Working with Amani and the judges is a ton of fun and we get to bounce off of each other a lot during scenes. Sherry is the one able to directly come in contact with the contestants and is equally pleased by their nerves being on the Game Show. Sharing the podium we’ll be judging and snickering at the contestants noble attempts at these nearly impossible challenges. Our panel of judges will be right next to us adding their opinions and picking each games winner.



So join us October 30th, 31st and November 1st. I’m your host, James Sapphire, and Welcome to Scrutiny!
     
-Peter Bahr

No comments:

Post a Comment