Into the Woods has Opened !


Hello Blog Readers!

I know the pondering- type posts are more of Pratima’s thing but I was inspired after Wednesday night’s dress rehearsal I became inspired, so I decided to give it a shot.
One of my favorite parts of being in this show playing Cinderella’s Stepmother is that I have some time off in the second act that I can spend listening to the show from the wings. From the time that I exit all the way up to the Finale I can be found in a corner offstage left enjoying the last half of the act.  
I love Into the Woods. It’s been one of my favorite musicals since I little and have watched countless productions of the show and I never get tired of it. I find new things to love about it every time I see it.
I might be a little biased, but I think our particular production of the show is special.  The concept we’re using for the show it’s nothing I’ve ever seen before. It not only reinvents the Into the Woods in a unique new way but also completely stays true the heart of the show. 
For your viewing pleasure I thought of two pieces of advice during dress rehearsal that I would give to anyone coming to see the show for the first time.
1)     Pay attention to all the details- 
This production has called on the expertise of many, many talented people in order for the show to look and sound as good as it does and none of it happened by magic. So much hard work goes on before, during, and after the show because everyone cares about the smallest details. I want to encourage you to notice the lights, the band, the set, the sound effects, the makeup and hair, the props, notice everything. Take a bit of time to notice the work that went into show.

2)     Play the game-
This entire show takes place in a child’s imagination. Access your imagination when you come see the show and remember what it was like to read a fairytale for the very first time and see what happens when you come to show. Play along with us.

Well that’s all for now. Thanks for reading my assorted musings.

Until next time!
Rebecca 

No comments:

Post a Comment